Friday, September 7, 2007

let's go crazy

Not much to say today except that my son is a cry-whiner. He has always been much more demanding (de...monic?) than my daughter, but it is really coming to a head lately, either because it has been 8 really long months of it now, or because it is getting worse. I honestly can't tell.

He sleeps and naps just fine, and takes his pre-food bottles just fine, but something happens between the bottle and the baby food and he goes berserk and cries and whines up until the next nap. You can only get him to be quiet/happy if you (constantly, without rest) wrestle him, tickle him, or toss him around in the air, but with two babies to care for, SOMEtimes you have another diaper to change. Other times, I have to pee, but I guess he can't handle that either, and I have already given up eating, so I'll be damned if I have to give up elimination of my meal-replacement drinks too.

The twins have their 9 month check-up soon and I plan to ask the Dr. what we can/should do about the crying+screaming+whining that have made it so we can't go anywhere or have any friends over if the twins are awake. The incessant crying that makes it so I can't eat or relax. The noise level that makes it so I can't play with and enjoy the other baby (oh, yeah, remember her?), my daughter.

Right now, I am thinking it could be reflux, though he doesn't show many of the more obvious signs of that problem, but I can't put my mind to thinking he is just a 'bad' baby or that we'll have to wait for him to outgrow it. I hope there is a diagnosable, treatable problem with him... something we can 'fix'. If there isn't, there WILL be a diagnosable, treatable problem with me - insanity (or anorexia... anxiety... exhaustion, you name it).

3 comments:

thefashiondiaries said...

You're welcome. And I also wanted to let you know that I've moved to CoutureQuatic. See you there!

Stephanie said...

Haha, you're welcome! How are you?

zombieswan said...

It also sounds to me like it might be reflux.

Have you tried the gas drops? I didn't like the name brand one (Mylicon) nearly as much as I liked the Gerber brand, which has a nice banana-y taste.

My son would eat till he puked it all up. Sometimes, puke WHILE eating. But it was gas, and also the over-production of my milk. But if you're doing a bottle, that would be my guess. Gas/reflux